With offices in 16 African countries and operations in a further 18, Sagaci Research is the leading provider of African market data and analysis.
In a continent where garnering reliable and up-to-date information can frequently be a challenge, our mission is to provide clients with powerful consumer and trade data that helps them to unlock success in some of the world´s fastest-growing markets.
We are seeking an accomplished Sales Manager to lead our sales team in our efforts to drive sales of our new flagship products - SagaBrand , SagaTracker and SagaCube. These products answer a prescient need in the market and help brands understand the consumer and trade environment in African markets.
What will you be doing?
- Acting as the senior Sales representative for Sagaci Research
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of our products in order to be able to advise the team, clients and prospects
- Ensuring the team is using effective sales tactics to meet revenue objectives and monitoring performance
- Coaching, training and motivating the sales team. Identifying knowledge gaps and creating plans to fill them
- Hiring and headcount planning
- Sales planning and budgeting, setting sales targets, analysis of performance data and forecasting
- Generating leads, and build and nurture client relationships with key accounts
- Leading from the front by cultivating your own book of business
- Weekly reporting of sales activity, quarterly deep dive management reporting
- Staying current on industry trends, sales trends and maintaining knowledge of competitors’ product offerings
- Providing feedback to senior management and product teams to inform the product roadmap
Who are we looking for?
- You are driven, passionate and resilient
- You have deep experience and knowledge of the B2B sales process including pipeline management, lead generation, relationship building, negotiation and closing
- You are able to demonstrate your experience in leading, managing, growing and nurturing high-performance sales teams
- You are able to provide relevant training, coaching and advice to sales people
- You are comfortable leading from the front by being an individual contributor whilst also driving team performance
- You will ideally have sold to and have managed sales teams who are selling to research, insights or marketing teams within large corporates
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- You have a proven and demonstrable track record of success
- You are metrics-driven
- You are emotionally intelligent and adaptable – you easily adapt to different personalities, cultures and levels
- You love to learn and are prepared to operate outside your comfort zone in order to do so
- You are a team player. You are not shy to ask for help
- You are self-directed and able to take the initiative