Sagaci Research is an Africa-focused data and analytics firm.
In a continent where garnering reliable and up-to-date information can frequently be a challenge, our mission is to provide clients with data and insight that helps them to maximize their potential in some of the world’s fastest-growing markets.
Sagaci Research is looking for an experienced, passionate Research Director to join our quantitative consumer team, managing a team of researchers and providing leadership on a wide array of research projects.
You will be part of a global and multicultural team covering the African continent, reporting to the Managing Director based in Barcelona.
- Liaise with clients, partners, suppliers, and other departments to develop the business or deliver projects
- Manage a team of Research Managers and Research Executives on a day-to-day basis; coach them
- Check that timelines and deliverables are in line with the proposals, client’s expectations, and company’s resources
- Create/update research protocols for different data collection methodologies, quality checks, etc.
- Troubleshoot and solve all problems related to the research tools, data collection, and final outputs
- Keep a tab on project expenses, submitting them for approval to the sales director
- Overview and check research deliverables: data files, reports, presentations
- Manage client relationships and act as the central point of contact for selected key accounts
- Support the Business Development function by writing proposals to address client briefs, and creating presentations for strategic pitches
- Support business growth as a spokesperson on consumer topic
- 8-12 years of experience in consumer insights and research, with a focus on online market research
- Technical expertise in various consumer research methodologies, data collection, operations
- Experience in working on brand health trackers, concept/ad tests, campaign evaluations and U&As
- Should have led client servicing relationships in the past
- Good knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, etc.)
- Strong people management and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management experience
- Ability to problem solve and provide advanced data analysis in an ambiguous environment
- Capacity to work both independently and under close supervision
- Fluency in English is a must, fluency in French would be great